dispatch4haiti@gmail.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Minimal post

With minimal bandwidth using satillite data modem, I cant post all of the pictures, videos and text I wish to. Im in a compound inside of Citie de Soleil with a few UN international police officers, and Ill be in the Dominican Republic by tomorrow and hopefully by then I can do a full update. Over 360 pictures, 30min of video and some rediculous stories. Civil unrest is growing each day and still 100s of thousands have not been fed or seen by doctors. I worked with 11 different organizations and 6 different countries. Im tired, hungry, I need a shower, I dont remember what color my socks used to be, I need a shave, and Im craving meat. Did I mention a beer? Ive accomplished alot, and gained some serious experience. For those of you who have memebers in the armed forces,... the affected areas look liked post iraq..... some military officers I worked with say it might be worse.

Powerbars and gallon jugs of water have been my best friends as well as multi vitamins....and the body armor. 90+ degree weather and the sun are brutal. Ill be backdating my posts and I will be on tomorrow. So check back throughout the day.

Missing the US, beef, beer, and shower....warm shower and toilets.

Justin

P.s. and deordorant.

5 comments:

  1. Hi. Have been trying to comment for a couple of days now. Don't know why I haven't been successful yet was able to on two previous occasions. Am anxious to see you back home. There's plenty of warm or hot water in the US of A and you can take all the showers you want. I worked today but got your message on the machine when I got home. Couldn't make out all that you said except that you would try later. I'll be home all evening and tomorrow as far as I know right now. So please try again and let me know where you are in your travels. I'm praying you get back to DR safely and make your flight home. Look to hear from you. Love, Grm/BJai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it worked this time. get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To friends and supporters of Justin:
    (first let me correct the clock; it is currently 3:10pm on Saturday, February 6th). Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes for Justin.

    Received a brief call from him a few minutes ago. He arrived in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic yesterday and slept at the airport. His flight back to Ft. Lauderdale is as originally scheduled, 10-ish this evening (Saturday), landing in Ft.L. at 11:25pm. He takes off Sunday morning, arriving in Boston at 10am-ish.

    Can't wait to see him and hear of his experiences. I'm soooo proud of him.

    To Stephanie: Thanks for your updates. It was a relief to hear from you when we didn't hear from J. I tried but wasn't always able to post comments to your messages. Don't know why sometimes it worked and sometimes not. But I finally figured it out yesterday; thus my last postings. Thanks again for your support of him.

    J: I wish you godspeed on this last leg of your travels. Get home safely. Grm and BJai
    Grp, too, has been asking for you every step of the way. Call when you land and are able to. Love you/grm/bjai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention I need beef? Beef, beer, and warm shower....well any kind of shower. Finally got my hands on some deoderant....

    ReplyDelete
  5. :~) Thank goodness. Now, maybe they'll let you on the plane. :~) Got beef! Got beer! Got warm shower! Just get home! Love/Grm/Bjai

    ReplyDelete